Friday, December 14, 2012

A LITTLE OUT OF THE NORM

For those of you with a desire to collect a variation of Cussler, here’s something you might be interested in. I first heard of it several years ago and only recently got a copy. It’s a hardcover anthology entitled, 100 Must Read Thrillers, edited by David Morrell and Hank Wagner. The brainchild of the International Thriller Writers, the book examines 100 seminal works of suspense through essays contributed by modern writers who (I presume to be) are members of the ITW. Odds are you’ll find some of the essays penned by one or two of your favorite writers. Among them are David Baldacci, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, James Rollins and Douglas Preston. What makes the book especially attractive to me is that thriller # 70 is Raise the Titanic. Equally appealing is that the essay for that book was written by Grant Blackwood. Also, thriller # 76 is The Shipkiller (Justin Scott) which was written by Lawrence Light—although I’ve never heard of him. I got my copy off Amazon for under ten bucks. I went that route because I thought the prices on ebay were too high. Anyway, the book was described to be in excellent condition. Upon opening the package, I was pleasantly surprised to find it in near mint condition (as well was the dust jacket) and that the book was a first edition. If you’ve hit a dry spell where nothing new (or old) regarding Cussler can be located, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment