Friday, December 14, 2012

THE SHIPKILLER

Recently I obtained an ARC of the re-release (thirty-fifth anniversary) of The Shipkiller, Justin Scott’s classic story of revenge and love set on the oceans of the world, from the South Atlantic to the oil-slicked reaches of the Persian Gulf. I remember reading the paperback on a trip to Florida I took in 1980. Since then I’ve always known of the book and was pleasantly surprised (back in 2008) when I found out that Justin would be Clive’s co-writer on the Isaac Bell series. When I received the ARC for this new book, I was delighted to see that a Preface has been added to this new edition penned by Clive himself. If you’re like me, you’ll collect (or at least want to know about) books that Clive contributed to via a Foreword, Introduction or Preface like this one. While I’m also interested in books written by Clive’s co-writers, this one is particularly appealing because it’s by one and includes Clive’s Preface—it’s got it all! The new book will be released this coming Father’s Day in hardcover by Pegasus Crime (W.W.Norton & Co.). Pick it up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment